Join us Friday, August 12 from 6-9pm. Pre-register as spots will be limited
What is it ?
This is a 1-time playtest of this new rule set. If you have purchase a copy of the rules from us get $5 off the event.
Take on the roles of Marvel's most famous Super Heroes—or create your own—to fight some of the most dangerous Super Villains in the Marvel Universe!
Featuring the All-New, All-Different d616 System, THE PLAYTEST RULEBOOK gives players the chance to play the game—including character creation and combat—while shaping the future of the game via player feedback.
The book also includes an introductory scenario and full profiles for some of Marvel's greatest heroes: Spider-Man, Captain America, Captain Marvel, Wolverine, and more. All you need is the book, three six-sided dice, and a group of friends. What're you waiting for? A FANTASTIC adventure awaits!
About your DM/ GM/ Keeper/ Shield Monkey
I'm Chris and I run the RPG's at Round Table Games. My wife and I are also the owners. I have been playing and running Dungeons and Dragons since it was invented (yes, I am old - possibly already dust according to one of our younger players). I have run just about every other system out there and enjoy 99% of them. For me the games are about the fun of imagination and all of us agreeing to live in our minds for a few hours, agreeing to abide by the laws and the rules of the universe in which we are playing. While I believe a certain amount of lethality makes treasures won worth the effort, i am not a "gotcha" DM. Hidden rules are not a thing and your character may have knowledge of adventuring that surpasses yours, at first.
While my primary goal is for everyone to have fun, always winning is not a realistic goal and yo must adjust your ambitions slightly if that is the case. In addition, your definition of fun cannot impinge on another player's definition of fun. We are all people first, characters second.
Games are certainly no place for anger We are all here to have fun, laugh, and share a story.
I do tend to the group dynamic more than the individual. For me it's a team game, but that doesn't mean you can't make your character stand out and shine.
Also, be in character to whatever extent you desire. You can speak with an accent, or simply describe what you do. Or anything in between, and mix it up. There is no wrong way to play you character! You can ask for advice but you get to make your character's decisions.
All that being said, I am a fan of the Will Wheaton-ism, "Don't be a dick." Words to live by.
If you are nervous about playing, or think it's too hard, or have no idea what to expect, please contact me. I promise it is not difficult and the only expectation I have is that you enjoy yourself.
What does it cost?
The only way to guarantee a seat is to pre-pay prior to the day of the event. The event fee in this case is $10, but can be reduced by using points or as an option for Knights of the Inner Circle.
If you pay the event fee the day of it is $5 higher than normal
Session seats are non-refundable and not transferable between players, games, or dates,
What do you get?
- Everyone gets to have RPG fun with friends, old and new, in a friendly, warm, and welcoming environment.
- Everyone gets 3+ hours of gaming entertainment/ education
- Everyone gets 5 points towards our Duke/ Count program for the following month
- Everyone who is a Knight of the Inner Circle earns points just for playing
- Knights of the Inner Circle are given a chip each session which is good for either 1 re-roll, forcing the DM to re-roll, or stabilizing at 0 hit points.
- Knights also gain access to experimental options in Unearthed Arcana (each option still requires DM approval)
- If you have purchased (or have on order) a rulebook from us for the game in question you get 1 free re-roll each session.
- If you have a mini that represents your race and class you get +1 to any roll. If it's painted get an additional +1.
- You get a +1 chip for every $10 you spend. These can be spent at any time, as long as you do not increase a roll beyond what the die could achieve, and it does not trigger "natural" rolled results.
Squishable benefits for my RPG's
- Once per game, for each Squishable you have with you at the table and purchased from RTG:
- Micro (Keychain) = +1 to a die roll
- Mini = +2 to a die roll (for 2 die rolls if in a costume)
- Regular = +3 to a die roll
- Massive = +4 to a die roll
As long as you are a member of our free rewards program, you are automatically entered into a free monthly drawing for an RPG-related product. You get 1 entry
- each time you play in an RPG
- if you are a Knight of the Inner Circle
- each time you purchase an RPG-related item with a price tag of $50 or more.
- each time you purchase at least $100 worth of RPG-related products in a single day
- You can see your current entries here
As long as you are a member of our free rewards program, you earn entries into our Duke/ Count Nobility Discount program.
- You get 1 point for playing and 1 point for each hour you play.